Summa sidvisningar

tisdag, mars 10, 2015

Cricket upset down under.




First of all - I know practically nothing about cricket.
But - nevertheless, when there are headlines all across the non-cricket-playing-world that a wonder happened down under yesterday, I just simply had to read a little about it.
The Cricket World Cup is being played in Australia and New Zealand for another few weeks.
And what is the upset I am so thrilled about?
Bangladesh beat England and sent them out of the final stages (?) of the Cup.
At the Adelaide Oval. 
As I said I cannot refer to any scores, overs or runs or whatever, I just can tell you that this is like Iceland or FYR Macedonia would eliminate Germany or Brazil in the Soccer World Cup.
And now Bangladesh will travel to the most famous cricket ground of them all, the MCG, Melbourne Cricket Ground, where some of the matches, correct me if I´m wrong, in the play-offs will be played.
The English team will probably return home disguised as a party of platypuses. 
Go Bangladesh, from now on I cross my fingers for you.

The pictures are from the ICC (World Cricket) homepage. Thanks.


Inga kommentarer: